Friday, June 27, 2008

The Power of Thought

I started subbing for summer school last week. I had a 5th grade English Language class of 12 students. I was expecting Hisapnic names; but soon realized that I had an international class(well in their names only). Try these names on your tongue: Anahi, a girl, Zuri, a girl, Jafed, a boy, Hiringde, a boy who just wanted to be called Harry, thank goodness!

When I finally put a name to their faces. Now I could call on them easily. I only had one problem. Everytime I called on Jafed, I wanted to call him Jafar from Aladdin. I was really doing good until Thurs. While going over some language mechanics, I called Jafed, Jafar. There was no laughing or comments of any kind from the class only blank stares and confusion. I quickly apologized and to make him feel better, I said oh I'm sorry. I just had been watching Aladdin with my grandchildren (about 2 or 3 months ago). Jafed simply corrected me and class went on.

Never under estimate the power of of your thoughts!!!

1 comment:

Joe Alves said...

LOL!
If that was a college class I'm sure you would have got a ton of laughs, but then the ACLU would be coming after you. Gotta love those hippy groups.

Nice to see you finally got on here. How you doing?